Panther's Room is the workshop of Dragon Painting Services
HKSW DBMM Competition 2016
1. Date: 26th November 2016 (Sat) and 27th November 2016 (Sun
2. Venue: Room 638-639, 6/F, Kowloonbay International Trade & Exhibition Centre (Kitec), No.1 Trademart Drive, Kowloon Bay, Kowloon
3. Organizer: James Cheung of HKSW
First Day – 12:00 Players’ meeting
12:15 Start of first round
16:15 Start of the second round
20:00 Dinner for players
Second Day – 12:00 Start of third round,
16:00 Start of fourth round,
19:30 Prize Presentation
5. Format: The pairing will be made using Swiss System after the first round. For the first round, players will be divided into 2 groups based on the past results of DBMM competition. Then the players in the first group will be paired up with that of the second group randomly. However, players from the same country except, (due to numbers), from Hong Kong,) will not be paired together in the first round. The Organizer’s decision in connection with the division of players will be final. Scoring of the games will be based on the DBMM rules version 2.1.
6. Number of players: 8-16. The Organizer will act as Player/List checker. The Organizer will also act as umpire if he does not need to play. His list will be prepared beforehand and will be announced after all other players have submitted their lists and these have been checked and where necessary corrected but before the commencement of the competition.
7. Each player will play 4 games.
8. Each game will last for 3.5 hours plus 1-15 minutes of extra time may be given at the discretion of the umpire. If the Umpire is a player he may not award extra time to his own benefit.
9. The army selection shall be from 1071AD to 1525AD (i.e. mainly Book 4 armies but armies from other DBMM army books covering the same period can also be used). The latest army books (2016 revision) shall be used.
10. Lists submitted must not exceed 400APs. Scale is 15mm.
11. Participants need to submit his/her army list to List checker (James Cheung) on or before 5th November 2016 to email@example.com for checking in order to secure a place for the competition. No late submission is allowed unless specifically approved by the Organizer.
12. Subscription fee: HK$300.00.
13. Result in each round and the final result will be posted in the HKSW forum. Players who joined the competition are deemed to have accepted such arrangement.
14. Prize: Trophy will be given to the winner and the first runner up.
1. Name and contact details of the player
2. Army name and number
4. General, geographical or other selected if appropriate
5. Climate and aggression
6. List and total of elements allocated by command
7. Cost by element type
8. Elements, element equivalents and break points per command
9. Elements, element equivalents and break point for the army
1. The rules to be used are DBMM version 2.1 with any current official errata and clarifications.
2. Weather and time of the day can be dispensed with if both players agree.
3. Table size is 180cm x 120cm.
4. Players must supply their own terrain pieces.
5. Swiss system will be used for seeding.
6. Every game will last for 3 hours and 30 minutes plus extra time of 1-15 minutes at the discretion of the umpire.
7. In case of equal points in the final classification, the higher classment position will be awarded to the winner of the direct confrontation if any, or to the player with the higher position at the end of the previous round.
8. When the game time will be over, the umpire will call ‘end game’. The game will immediately stop, with the exception that if the current combat phase has been started it will be finished. The players will calculate the scoring and give it to the umpire.
9. The army list shall be prepared based on the DBMM list (2016 revision) for a total value of 400AP inclusive of general’s abilities, fortifications and stratagems. The date of the list shall be between 1071AD and 1525AD (both date inclusive).
Anyone who would like to join the competition please send his/her army list to James Cheung by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) on or before 5th November 2016 for checking.
For those oversea players please note that the venue itself is located at the fringe of an industrial area and thus there is no hotel in the vicinity. The venue can be reach by shuttle bus from the nearest MTR station, i.e. Kowloon Bay MTR station. One can consider the following hotel which is just 1 station away from the above MTR station. As a matter of fact one can also take a taxi from this hotel which is just 5-10 minutes drive away. Actually Hong Kong is a small place and everywhere is easily accessible.
Subscribed Players and Results